About this blog

Eaten Earth will be a location for occasional photos, thoughts about the state of the world, and updates on my roaming through Arctic regions.

The title: I feel as though our species is consuming the Earth. As a way of thinking about how to change that, I'll focus on one of the strongest, most culturally important, and most malleable ways we interact with our planet- the actual eating of its bounty. How people eat, what it means for them, and what it means for the Earth, will be an undercurrent to my entire travels. - Alex

Monday, August 15, 2011

Warm!

Dear Readers,
I should have mentioned this awhile ago, but I have been lucky enough to find some very warm, fuzzy, and easy to clean clothing. The local hunters and fishermen don't wear very much while out boating, but I suspect that is out of a sort of machismo that also explains why they don't wear life jackets, despite drownings every year. I, however, get very cold while boating at 30 mph (50 km/hr) over water just above freezing, with HUGE ice cubes sitting in it! I have been kept warmer than I would otherwise with under layers from Terramar and two gorgeous jackets from Wintergreen Northern Wear. If you 1. wear clothes and/or 2. ever go outside, you should certainly check out the companies!

It is 1:40 am, and almost dark. The streetlights are on, and the dogs just started to howl!

No comments:

Post a Comment